FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH IN BAY COUNTY HIGHLIGHTS RECENT EFFORTS IN PROVIDING COVID-19 VACCINE
January 11, 2021
Panama City, FL— The Florida Department of Health in Bay County (DOH-Bay), in partnership with the Florida Department of Health, Florida Division of Emergency Management, Bay County Emergency Management, and the Emerald Coast Medical Association are providing COVID-19 vaccination sites. In an effort to keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, DOH-Bay will continue to issue this update every week.
County health departments have an important role to play in administering vaccine. Here’s a summary of some of our top efforts January 2 - 9.
- Administered 706 doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Held a mass vaccination Point of Distribution at the Callaway Arts and Conference Center where 311 persons received their first dose of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Partnered with Emerald Coast Medical Association to provide 102 doses of vaccine to healthcare workers with direct patient contact.
- Continue to work with various community partners to secure Memorandums of Agreement to vaccinate eligible individuals outlined in Executive Order 20-315.
- Deployed Eventbrite online booking system to schedule appointments for seniors.
- Provided a phone number for seniors without Internet access to book appointments.
- Increased Alert Bay ‘bayhealth’ keyword alert sign-ups by nearly 9,000
The Florida Department of Health in Bay County continues to fight to protect health and safety as the rollout of COVID-19 vaccine continues. This week DOH-Bay will provide at least 1,000 vaccines to our community. The total number of Bay County residents vaccinated is 4,149 with ten persons completing the series. The vaccine report can be found at http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/covid19_report_archive/vaccine/vaccine_report_latest.pdf.
To learn about available COVID-19 vaccine appointments in Bay County, text bayhealth to 888777 or visit bit.ly/bayhealthalert.
About the Florida Department of Health
The Department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @HealthyFla. For more information about the Florida Department of Health, please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.